The 11th General Elections of Malaysia wrapped up yesterday, and save for some recounts, it went just about as expected with a massive BN victory.
* At stake were 219 parliamentary and 505 state seats. The BN total reached 195 parliamentary and 448 state seats at 7.50am.
* PAS leader Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang lost his parliamentary seat in Terengganu
* PAS information chief Datuk Dr Haron Din lost in his bid for a state and parliamentary seat in Perlis
* Barisan reclaims Terengganu which it lost in 1999
* (unofficial, lots of recounts going on) In Kelantan, which has been under PAS rule for 14 years, BN says it has taken 23 of the 45 state seats
* Parti Keadilan Nasional lost its parliamentary voice when all its parliamentary candidates were rejected by the voters, except for party president Datin Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail in her Permatang Pauh parliamentary seat where a recount would be done today
The people have spoken, now BN better deliver. 4 years till the next elections is a very short time in real politiks and the people will remember promises made and broken; just ask Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang. On a side note, i hope you bought some shares on the stock market last week. The KLSE is going to be a Boom Town today.